Emergency Medical Responder (80 hours, Red Cross)
What we offer
Participants will learn and demonstrate all knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate patient assessments, interventions, and ongoing care, including the transportation of a patient to a healthcare facility. Course content may vary depending on jurisdictional requirements and, in addition, follows the National Occupational Competency Profiles (NOCP) as defined by the Paramedic Association of Canada. Participants will be engaged in dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, discussions, and scenarios based on real-life situations.
Participant must be certified in Standard First Aid, with CPR level C and AED
- Successfully demonstrate the required skills
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Successfully complete two evaluated scenarios (one medical and one trauma)
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- 3-year certification in Emergency Medical Responder (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- The professional responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour, and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting, and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Marine environment
- Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Workbook (optional)
Note: as the COVID-19 situation continues the EMR course is reduced to eight (8) days as some of the material is delivered as virtual training.
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
$1,065.01 plus HST
- Jan 24 – 28 & Jan 31 – Feb 3, 2022 [sold out]
- Mar 7 – 10 & Mar 14 – 17, 2022 [sold out]
- May 16 – 19 & May 24 – 27, 2022 [sold out]
- Jun 13 – 16 & Jun 20 – 23, 2022 [sold out]
- Jul 4 – 7 & Jul 11 – 14, 2022 [sold out]
- Sep 12 – 15 & Sep 19 – 22, 2022
- Oct 17 – 20 & Oct 24 – 27, 2022
- Nov 14 – 17 & Nov 21 – 24, 2022
This course requires a prerequisite of First Aid with CPR Level “C” and AED to attend.
Please bring your original copy of your First Aid with CPR Level “C” and AED on the first day of the course.
If your First Aid with CPR Level “C” and AED certificate is not valid you will not be able to attend the course.
The instructor will validate your First Aid with CPR Level “C” and AED certificate prior to entry into the class.
No refunds will be issued.
Let us help you Rise Further