Practical Firefighting Skills Refresher
Looking for work, or just to keep your skills sharp? This five-day, intensive, skills-oriented program is designed to refresh and enhance your firefighting capabilities and maintain your ability to work efficiently in the fire trade. The program will focus on assorted components such as breathing apparatus, rescue techniques, rope skills, ladder operations, advancing hose lines and advancing to full team live fire operations.
- Open to all graduates of the Pre-Service Programs, NFPA Program and Volunteer Firefighters. Copies of pre-requisites must be uploaded/attached as part of the application process.
How it works
Class will be divided into small groups. Each group will complete the following training stations:
- Breathing Apparatus
- Building Search and Rescue Techniques
- Basic Rope and Knots
- Ladder Operations
- Advancing Hose Lines
Class will be divided into groups. Each group will use the skills from day one and participate in evolutions in the smoke tower to do the following:
- Advance charged hose lines into a smoke-filled environment
- Conduct proper search techniques and remove trapped victims
- Utilize proper ladder techniques
Days three to five:
All students will have the opportunity to work within the following sectors:
- The initial attack sectors
- The rapid intervention sectors
- The ventilation sectors
- The accountability sectors
- The rehabilitation sectors
What it looks like
This is a five-day course. Course hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
French translation assistance
Our bilingual instructors are able to provide French translation assistance as requested for this program.
$629.32 plus HST
Let us help you Rise Further