Airport Wildlife Management Plan
- This course is intended for personnel with a working knowledge of the aviation industry and wildlife strikes.
What we offer
This course enables personnel from any airport to write an Airport Wildlife Management Plan (AWMP), compliant with Federal regulations, and specific to their site and wildlife issues.
Transport Canada CAR 302 and Airport Standards 322 require that most airports, despite their size, implement an Airport Wildlife Management Plan (AWMP). Some smaller airports may decide to perform their own risk assessment and to draft the associated wildlife management plan. However, this complex task can be difficult for non-experts. This course can facilitate the task by giving participants a description and an explanation of each requirement of the plan, enabling them to write their own AWMP. With great experience in the field, FESTI can guide you in designing an Airport Management Plan that will comply with federal regulations.
- Elaborating an AWMP History
- Risk assessment
- Wildlife Management Plan
- Identification of airport features and characteristics
- Wildlife habitat and resources
- Air traffic
- Wildlife strikes trend analysis
- Land-uses around the airport
- Bird hazard zone design
- Identification of wildlife hazards
- Risk scoring
- Basic risk scoring
- SMS scoring
- Risk assessment matrix
Wildlife management plan:
- Available wildlife management tools (passive and active techniques)
- Permit requirements and regulations
- Specific management techniques for priority wildlife species representing hazards to aviation safety
- Habitat management and secondary attractants
- Monitoring techniques
- Communications procedures
- Training program
- Wildlife management research projects
All participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the workshop.
8 hours per day. The course will involve classroom lectures, discussions and case study workshops. Participants are invited to present airport wildlife management situations and problems found at their airport for discussion during the case study workshops. Guided by FESTI’ expert airport wildlife consulting team, the group will discuss the best solutions available for each case.
A minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 10.
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved. Price includes all participant materials, pre and posts activities, assessments and workshop refreshments. Participants will be responsible for their own lunch.
Please inquire for course availability.
$309.74 plus HST
Let us help you Rise Further
Get started with FESTI today