Emergency Medical Responder Renewal
- Current Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder Certificate.
- Once registered students will be sent a pre-course package which must be completed prior to the course starting. The course requires 100% attendance, skill demonstration, 2 evaluated scenarios, and 80% minimum passing grade on written the exam.
What we offer
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary in an emergency to help sustain life, reduce pain, and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness in a pre-hospital setting. This course is for those providing emergency response: firefighters, law-enforcement officers, and emergency medical services personnel. This course meets the Paramedic Association of Canada National Occupational Competency Profile for the practitioner level of emergency medical responder (EMR).
Part 1 – Preparing to Respond
- The responder
- The emergency scene
- Preventing disease transmission
Part 2 – Establishing Priorities of Care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Respiratory emergencies
- Airway and ventilation
- Circulatory emergencies
Part 3 – Traumatic Injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Head and spine injuries
- Chest, abdominal, and pelvic injuries
Part 4 – Medical Emergencies
- Sudden illnesses
- Heat‐ and cold‐ related emergencies
Part 5 – Special Populations and Situations
- Special populations and crisis intervention
- Reaching and moving patients
- Multiple casualty incidents
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
$500.01 plus HST
Please contact us for course details
|February 14 – 18, 2022|
|July 25 – 29, 2022|
|December 5 – 9, 2022|
Let us help you Rise Further