Emergency Services Confined Space Rescue
- Candidates must have current First Aid and CPR. Copies of Pre-Requisites must be uploaded/attached as part of the application process.
What we offer
This course provides responders with a thorough understanding of incidents involving a confined space rescue. Using classroom instruction, and hands-on training scenarios the program teaches responders to recognize hazards, access, stabilize and package victims and remove victims using the proper equipment and procedures for retrieval.
This course is designed to train the participants to perform the following tasks:
- Follow authority having jurisdiction’s SOG for a confined space incident so a safe, standard approach is used during confined space rescues.
- Verify isolations are in place, access to the location and the entry point is identified and the internal configuration of the space is investigated.
- Perform a basic assessment of the incident so hazards are identified, bystanders are interviewed and monitoring of the space is established.
- Identify methods of ingress and egress for rescuers and victims.
- Assemble rescue systems for victim removal and emergency means of retrieval for rescue entrants.
- Conduct air monitoring of the environment to determine if ventilation is required and ensure it is adequate for the existing environmental hazards.
- Control hazards in the rescue area and ensure access to the incident scene is controlled.
- Verify rescuers and victims are protected from exposure to hazardous materials, atmospheres, and harmful energy releases.
- Prepare for entry into a confined space so patient communication is established when possible, continuous atmospheric monitoring is established, and rescuer readiness is verified.
- Enter a confined space to contact victims, assess their condition and initiate patient care.
- Complete patient packaging in preparation for patient removal.
- Remove entrants from a confined space ensuring all persons are extricated safely.
- Complete victim and rescuer decontamination as necessary and deliver the victim to EMS personnel.
- Secure confined space access during termination so that all personnel are accounted, injuries are avoided, further entry into the space is denied, and the scene is rendered safe.
- Transfer command to other personnel depending on incident (i.e. police, Ministry of Labour).
Upon successful completion of the training each trainee will have the basic knowledge required to use and apply rope rescue awareness.
Four (4) days
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
Student must bring
A practical outdoor exercise will be performed as part of this course. Please dress according to weather and bring your personal issued rescue gear if you have it including a helmet, safety glasses, coveralls, and boots.
$735.05 plus HST
Let us help you Rise Further